MorningStar Farms Veggie Meatballs And Veggie Dogs
Every year the New Year brings a new commitment to head to the gym, ditch bad habits and get back on track for living a healthy lifestyle. But while the jury is out on how long this new healthy living will last, Battle Creek Mich.-based Kellogg Co.'s MorningStar Farms brand joins forces with the Meatless Monday campaign, a non-profit public health initiative of The Monday Campaigns, in association with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The goal of the campaign is to cut saturated fat intake to make every week a new chance to improve eating habits. Going meatless one day a week can also decrease our carbon footprint and save precious resources like fresh water and fossil fuel.
To help Americans have even more meatless choices, MorningStar Farms launches two new "better for you" meat alternatives -- Meal Starters Veggie Meatballs, with 80 percent less fat than the leading frozen fully cooked meatballs, and re-introduces Veggie Dogs, a low-fat alternative to real meat dogs.
"We're happy to welcome MorningStar Farms to the Meatless Monday movement, which is embraced by hundreds of thousands of people including nationally known chefs, schools, restaurants and whole communities in 21 countries around the world," says Peggy Neu, president of the Meatless Monday campaign. "Going meatless just one day a week is a simple, easy change that can have a big impact on your personal health and the health of the planet."
Suggested retail price for the meatballs is $4.59.
Learn more: www.MeatlessMonday.com
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »