Passage to China Cooking Sauces Bring Back Ming Dynasty Favorites
Consumers can enjoy authentic Chinese favorites dating back to the Ming Dynasty in their own kitchen with Passage to China from Collinsville, Conn.-based Passage Foods USA, an affiliate of Flavour Makers Pty Ltd in Australia.
Varieties include Passage to China Black Bean Stir-fry, a popular sauce found on the menu at the best Chinese restaurants the world over combining complex sweet and bitter flavors; and Passage to China Honey, Soy & Garlic Stir-fry, a classic Chinese dish that brings together the sweet taste of honey with the savory flavors of soy and fresh garlic. Over the centuries, these sauces have become global favorites for complementing meat and vegetables in a traditional stir-fry.
Black Bean or Honey, Soy & Garlic Stir-fry sauces are all-natural, gluten-free, preservative-free recipes made using fresh, natural ingredients and offering the convenience of serving a restaurant-quality meal in less than 20 minutes at home.
"Today nearly 40 percent of food items on restaurant menus are ethnic-inspired. With more than 64 million Americans traveling abroad, the popularity of cooking shows, and the rise of celebrity chefs, the interest in ethnic cuisine has opened the culinary world to all consumers, not just committed foodies," says Passage Foods' Mark MacKenzie. "Asian food is the fastest growing segment in the ethnic food market, as monitored by Mintel's GNPD, and we see Chinese food now taking the next step to more authentic and complex recipes while moving away from 'cheap Chinese,' which for so long represented the majority of at-home sales in the category. Chinese food sales are also being driven by healthy eating trends as more adults watch their diet and seek to consume more of the ingredients common to Asian cooking, such as nuts vegetables and plant proteins. Sales of Asian foods are expected to grow to more than $800 million by 2014," he notes.
Suggested retail price is $3.99 to $4.39.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »