Pierre's Ice Cream Co. Launches Signature Collection Ice Cream Line
Nun Better Snickerdoodle is one of seven flavors in Cleveland-based Pierre's Ice Cream Co.'s newly launched Signature Collection ice cream pint line. The flavor is the product of a unique collaboration between the 80-year-old ice cream maker and the Sisters of the Holy Spirit, an order of nuns famously known for delivering batches of their homemade Nun Better Cookies to the Cleveland Indians baseball team.
Featuring caramel ice cream with snickerdoodle cookies and caramel swirl, Nun Better Snickerdoodle is inspired by the cookie of the same name, one of several varieties in the order's Nun Better brand. Proceeds from the sisters' cookies support their order, whose ministry involves serving the older adults at Jennings Center for Older Adults in Garfield Heights, Ohio.
Sister Mary Assumpta is known around Cleveland as "The Baseball Nun" for delivering her order's cookies to the Indians and serving as a baseball correspondent for WEWS-TV News Channel 5 in Cleveland and CBS This Morning in the 1990s. She approached Pierre's last year about creating an ice cream based on one of the order's cookies. After months of searching for the perfect ingredients and fine tuning the recipe, Pierre's flavor-development team unveiled Nun Better Snickerdoodle.
The six other flavors are: Banana Fudge Chunk, Cherries & Chocolate Chunks, Chocolate Lava Cake, Coconut Fudge Almond, Exquisite Vanilla and Mocha Mud Pie.
The suggested retail price is $4.99 per pint.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »