Planters Targets Adults With Natural Peanut Butter SpreadPlanters, a brand of Northfield-Ill.-based Kraft Foods Inc. rolls out "No Need to Stir" Planters Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread. Made of 90 percent peanuts (USA grown), it contains more than 550 peanuts in every 15-oz jar, delivers 7g of plant-based protein and provides 10 percent or more of the DV for six essential nutrients, including magnesium and antioxidant vitamin E, when consumed in the recommended two tablespoon serving size. Available in 15-oz and 26.5-oz sizes, it does not contain partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated oils.
Kraft is targeting adults, who consume two-thirds of the $1.8 billion of peanut butter sold in the U.S. (yes, the secret is out) each year, according to Triona Schmelter, Kraft's senior director of marketing.
"With over 100 years of nut expertise, Planters brings more knowledge to the table than any other peanut butter connoisseur," says Jon Hall, brand manager at Kraft Foods. "We want peanut butter fans to mark this day by enjoying their favorite Planters peanut butter creation."
Suggested retail price is $2.99 to $5.59.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »