Rickland Orchards Rolls Out First Shelf-Stable Greek Yogurt Bar
The phenomenon of Greek yogurt has spread across all consumer groups, and Rickland Orchards is staying ahead of the curve by expanding into non-traditional ways in which to enjoy Greek yogurt. In 2007, Greek yogurt sales totaled $35.4 million and the projected Greek yogurt sales for 2012 are estimated to be well over $2 billion.
Busy parents, active kids and teens, and health conscience consumers can enjoy the benefits of Greek yogurt and probiotics effortlessly, thanks to Fairfield, N.J.-based Rickland Orchards, a wholly owned subsidiary of Natural Instincts LLC. Rickland Orchards launches the first-ever Rickland Orchards Greek Yogurt Bar, a nutritious, all natural, on-the-go snack. They are layered with honey-roasted granola, real fruit and nuts, and dipped in Authentic Strained Greek Yogurt imported from Europe. The bars are shelf–stable and provide an excellent source of fiber (5g) and a good source of protein (7g) and probiotics in each serving.
These one-of-a-kind bars are available in six flavors -- Blueberry Acai, Cherry Almond, Toasted Coconut, Cranberry Almond, Apple & Honey, and Orchard Peach.
"We have literally traveled the globe in the last six months searching for the best ingredients and securing our supply of shelf-stable, authentic Greek Yogurt", says president & co-founder Michael Sands. "Working with the top food scientists was a must before we approved the product for launch. The hard work paid off -- the acceptance by dry grocery buyers has been incredible. They see the growth of Greek Yogurt in the refrigerated section and want to capitalize on it in their set."
Suggested retail price is $1.49 to $1.79.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ