Sara Lee Introduces Reformulated Iron Kids White BreadDowners Grove, Ill.-based Sara Lee North American Fresh Bakery introduces a reformulated Sara Lee Iron Kids white bread and Sara Lee Thin Style Buns to deliver enhanced nutrition with great taste that children love and moms expect.
Sara Lee Iron Kids white bread helps children obtain many nutrients they need each day as part of a balanced diet. It contains as much fiber and more than four times the calcium as 100 percent whole wheat bread per two-slice serving (57g). Additionally, two slices provide as much fiber as a banana and as much calcium as an 8-oz glass of two percent milk. Sara Lee Iron Kids bread also contains added vitamin D.
With just 100 calories per bun, Sara Lee Thin Style Buns are a less-filling way to enjoy all of your favorite sandwiches. Varieties include 100% Whole Wheat, 100% Multi-Grain, Honey Wheat and White made with Whole Grain. They are an excellent source of whole grain, a good source of fiber and contain no high fructose corn syrup.
"Our core audience – moms with young children – is looking for better-for-you options that her children will be happy to eat," says Jeff Dryfhout, director, Sara Lee North American Fresh Bakery. "Sara Lee Iron Kids white bread and Sara Lee Thin Style Buns are products she knows won't be traded this school year."
Suggested retail price for Sara Lee Iron Kids bread is $2.29 to $4.19, and Sara Lee Thin Style Buns are $2.99 to $3.89.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ