Kids Get Their Own Milk With Smart Balance Kids Milk
Because children are often picky eaters, parents seek out nutrient-dense foods designed for the nutritional needs of growing boys and girls. This was the motivation behind the development of Smart Balance Kids Milk from Smart Balance Inc., Paramus, N.J.
The Transitions Whole Milk and Nutrient Blend is the first U.S. milk to be fortified with iron for healthy growth and development, plus it has prebiotics, which support digestion. The milk is formulated for children aged 12-24 months for whom many pediatricians recommend whole milk as they transition from breast milk or formula. After kids celebrate their second birthday, pediatricians encourage a switch to lower-fat milk, which is what you find with Smart Balance Kids Reduced Fat and Chocolate Low Fat Milks. The addition of vitamins C and E supports their active, energetic lifestyles.
All three varieties offer calcium and extra vitamin D to support strong bones, as well as DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids to help support brain and heart health with two glasses a day. Further, the milks are produced from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.
"As a parent, I am all too familiar with the struggle to get kids to eat healthfully," says John Becker, Smart Balance senior vice president and general manager. "Smart Balance Kids Milks provide wholesome milk and a blend of nutrients to give kids a strong nutritional foundation during critical stages of development."
The initial product launch is exclusively through Harris Teeter stores, where the half-gallon carton retails for $4.49.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »