Smart Balance Spreadable Butters With Plant SterolsParamus, N.J. –based Smart Balance Inc. introduces a line of creamy spreadable butters. With a taste like regular butter but 40 percent less saturated fat, Smart Balance Spreadable Butter is made using a unique blend of butter and canola oil, plus EPA/DHA & ALA Omega-3s and a naturally sourced ingredient, plant sterols, which helps block the cholesterol in the butter. With 0g trans fat, it does not contain any hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
Varieties, which come in 7.5-oz containers, include: Smart Balance Butter & Canola Oil Blend; Smart Balance Light Butter & Canola Oil Blend; and Smart Balance Butter & Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Blend.
"We're excited to produce another flavorful, high quality product in support of those seeking a heart healthier lifestyle," says Steve Hughes, Smart Balance chairman and CEO. "These spreadable butters combine great taste with added benefits in a soft butter that's easy to spread."
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »