Sunsweet Growers Introduces Plum Amazins Dried PlumsYuba City, Calif.-based Sunsweet Growers Inc. rolls out Plum Amazins, 100 percent diced dried plums (no added sugar or preservatives), which can be used as a topping on cereal, oatmeal, salad, yogurt, as an ingredient in cookies, muffins, bread, or baked recipes, in sauces, and just as they are for a healthy and tasty snack to satisfy a sweet craving.
Amazins add a subtle real fruit flavor that enhances and balances recipes ranging from sweet to savory. Their enhancing attributes are naturally occurring and reduce the need for salt, sugar and fat in many recipes, while adding natural sweetness and fiber Antioxidant rich and a good source of fiber (3g), they contain all natural potassium, support regularity, promote bone health and have a low glycemic index.
"We're very excited to offer this convenient, healthier alternative to raisins and dried cranberries to our consumers," says Jeff McLemore, marketing director for dried fruit at Sunsweet. "Plum Amazins can be enjoyed a variety of ways; as a tasty topping, baking ingredient, flavor enhancer, or simply alone as a snack. The best part is, you can enjoy all of the great taste plus great nutrition."
Suggested retail price for a 9-oz easy-to-pour canister is $2.49.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »