Truvia Baking Blend Offers Home Bakers a Sweetener with Lower CaloriesWayzata, Minn.-based Cargill launches Truvia Baking Blend, a blend of Truvia natural sweetener and sugar with 75 percent fewer calories per serving than sugar. In nationwide distribution, consumers can enjoy Truvia natural sweetener in a product that bakes and browns like sugar.
A half cup has190 calories and provides the same sweetness as one cup of sugar with 760 calories, and offers an easy conversion from full sugar recipes. Simply use half as much Truvia Baking Blend when substituting for sugar to create great-tasting, reduced-calorie treats. The Truvia Baking Blend package features a closeable, easy-to-pour spout; a first in the category, and a 1.5 pound bag has the equivalent sweetness of three pounds of sugar or approximately seven cups – enough to make 13 pies, nine batches of cookies or six batches of brownies.
"With this expansion of Truvia products at retail, the Truvia brand continues to lead innovation and growth of the stevia-based sweetener category," says Mark Brooks, Truvia global consumer products director.
Suggested retail price for a 1.5-lb bag is $6.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »