Bubbly V8 V-Fusion Sparkling Juice Debuts
It's one of those 'Why didn't I think of that?' challenges. Camden, N.J.-based Campbell Soup Co. did, transforming the juice aisle with V8 V-Fusion Sparkling juice drinks. They are the only carbonated juices that provide light, fruity refreshment plus the benefits of ¼ cup of vegetables and ¼ cup of fruit in an 8-oz serving.
Carbonated beverages remain the most popular drink in the U.S., and the sparkling juice category has doubled in the past year to $20 million, according to SymphonyIRI InfoScan FDMx data.
Unlike other sparkling beverages, V8 V-Fusion Sparkling juice drinks not only offer great taste but also provide the combination of fruits and vegetables without any added sugar, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives -- all for 50 calories.
V8 V-Fusion Sparkling is available in three refreshing varieties, Tangerine Raspberry, Black Cherry Pomegranate and Strawberry Lemonade.
"We know that people love the refreshing taste of soft drinks, but they're looking for healthier options," says Dale Clemiss, vice president, V8 Beverages. "That's why sparkling juices have enjoyed an unprecedented boom. V8 V-Fusion Sparkling is the perfect choice -- it has the sweetness and refreshing bubbles people crave, plus the nutrition they want and need."
Suggested retail price for a 4-pack of 8.4-oz cans is $3.49.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »