Walkers Shortbread Teams Up With The ASPCA To Help Animals In Need
Hauppauge, N.Y.-based Walkers Shortbread teams up with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) to raise funds for the non-profit organization's animal welfare initiatives across the country. Throughout 2012, Walkers Shortbread will donate 10 cents from the sale of every package of its 'Scottie Dog' products sold in the U.S. to the ASPCA with a minimum guaranteed donation of $25,000.
Included in this initiative is new Walkers Scottie Dog Tin with 18 Scottie Dog-shaped pure butter shortbread cookies. They contain no artificial flavorings, colorings or additives and are certified kosher OUD. They honor the whimsical Scottish Terrier, one of five breeds of the Skye terriers that originated in Scotland, where Walkers was founded in 1898. The tin is adorned with adorable black and white embossed Scottish terriers, set against a classic background of Walkers traditional tartan. This charming tin is a must-have for Walkers collectors and dog lovers everywhere.
"The adorable Scottie Dog cookies convey our affinity for this beloved breed, and working with the ASPCA is a great way for us, as well as our customers, to show our appreciation for animals," says Jim Walker, managing director of Walkers Shortbread. "Over the next year, Walkers is dedicated to helping the ASPCA raise awareness of the issues of animal cruelty and homelessness and will support the valuable work they do for animals across the U.S."
Suggested retail price is $14.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »