Wallaby Organic Yogurt Available For Babies And KidsNapa Valley, Calif.—based Wallaby Yogurt Co., a family-owned producer of organic yogurt, introduces two new organic yogurt lines — Wallababy Organic Whole Milk Yogurt for Babies and Joey Organic Lowfat Yogurt for Kids. Wallababy for Babies is made using organic whole milk, as is recommended for babies, with added zinc and vitamin D to further meet a baby's growing needs. It is available in Banana or Blueberry flavors and suggested for babies ages six months and up. Joey Organic Low-fat Yogurt for Kids is made with Wallaby's signature Australian-style organic low-fat yogurt, fortified with vitamin D. Available in Grape or Strawberry, these carefully selected kid-friendly flavors are blended smooth with just the right amount of sweetness, and are recommended for ages two years and up.
"Parents who enjoy Wallaby have been asking us to make a whole milk yogurt for their babies for quite some time," says Ellie Wells, Wallaby's marketing director and an expectant mother herself. "After taking the time to develop a product that we'd proudly call our own, we're excited to be offering a yogurt that moms and dads can feel confident about adding to their baby's diet."
Wallaby Yogurt is cultured after pasteurization, so it contains live and active acidophilus, bifidus, bulgaricus, and thermophilus probiotic cultures. Probiotics can be naturally beneficial, and may help maintain a healthy digestive system.
"For years we've also dreamed of launching a line of organic yogurt that's made especially for kids. Coming up with the name Joey, which is the common name for a young wallaby, was the easy part. Creating the perfect yogurt – low in fat and sugar but full in flavor – took a little longer. But we know the wait was worth it. It's a fantastic product that kids (including our own) are raving about!" says Claudia Bown, vice president of operations.
Available at Whole Foods Market, the suggested retail price for four 4-oz cups is $2.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »