Welch's Introduces Jelly-Filled Licorice
Philadelphia-based Frankford Candy LLC partnered with Welch's, Concord, Mass., the processing and marketing subsidiary of the National Grape Cooperative, to create Welch's Filled Licorice!, an innovative new entry into the rapidly growing licorice category.
The first licorice of its kind, the literally juicy-flavored licorice has a jelly filling made with real fruit juice and fruit pectin, delivering both soft and chewy licorice textures. It comes in two flavors, Concord Grape and Strawberry.
"We are tremendously excited about the debut of Welch's Filled Licorice," says Kurt Dungan, vice president of marketing for Frankford Candy. "The licorice category doesn't need just another fruit flavored licorice. Our goal with Welch's was to create a unique, great-tasting product that leverages Welch's brand strength with consumers. We've combined the bold, fruit flavors you'd expect from Welch's with a soft, smooth licorice texture that the whole family will enjoy."
"This is a fun innovation for the category that appeals to a broad audience," adds Lino Marrero, business development manager at Welch's. "Kids will love the soft, easy-to-chew texture and the fun jelly filling while adults will appreciate the bolder, real fruit flavors."
Suggested retail price for a 1.75-oz. bag is $1.09, and a 3.5-oz. bag is $1.59.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »