Wholly Salsa Offers Families Nutritious and Delicious Dinner SolutionsLike guacamole, salsas are quickly becoming more than just a dip to pair with chips. Making the transition from dip to condiment, Chino, Calif.-based MegaMex Foods LLC, a joint venture between Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods Corp. and Mexico City-based Herdez Del Fuerte, recently entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 100 percent of Fort Worth, Texas-based Fresherized Foods.
New on the shelf Wholly Salsa varieties -- red pepper mango, pineapple, roasted tomato, avocado verde and guacamole with spicy pico -- give consumers another option to make dinner nutritious, delicious and convenient. Three classic flavors have been repackaged as mild, medium and hot. They were created with a focus on current trends in restaurants by expanding traditional tomato-based salsas to more flavorful fruit-based salsas to enhance meals, such as chicken, shrimp and pasta. Made with all natural ingredients, they are preservative and additive free, fat free, Gluten free, and Kosher certified.
"We love that these salsas reach well beyond the typical dip with chips," says Tracey Altman, vice president of marketing for Fresherized Foods. "Families are busy and they're looking for meals that are easy to make and good for their kids without sacrificing flavor, and we believe they shouldn't have to."
Suggested retail price is $2.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »