Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurt Delivers Worry-Free Yogurt IndulgenceStudies show that around 15 percent of U.S. consumers are lactose intolerant -- unable to digest and absorb the sugar in milk -- so those people often avoid dairy, including yogurt, and its digestive symptoms.
Minneapolis-based General Mills introduces Yoplait Lactose Free yogurt, its first lactose-free yogurt under the Yoplait brand and the first lactose-free yogurt from a major brand in the U.S. Live and active cultures Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus are the two cultures added to milk to create yogurt, and provide the enzymes necessary to help break down lactose.
Yoplait Lactose Free yogurt, made with milk from cows not treated with rBST, contains 50 percent of the DV of calcium and vitamin D, bone building nutrients present in dairy, is 99 percent fat free, artificial sweetener-free and has vitamin A in each 6-oz serving. Flavors include Strawberry, Peach, Cherry and French Vanilla.
"For the millions of Americans who live with lactose intolerance, Yoplait Lactose Free yogurt delivers worry-free consumption with the great taste expected from Yoplait," according to General Mills.
Suggested retail price is 90 cents per cup.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »