Yosicle Pops With Yogurt Added To Popsicle LineLots of unexpected combinations become winning success stories, like chocolate and peanut butter, bacon and dates, or blue cheese and steak. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever North America adds Popsicle brand's Yosicle pops, which combine the classic taste of Popsicle pops with the creamy deliciousness of yogurt, to the list.
Available in four fun varieties and three unique shapes, Yosicle pops contain 10% nonfat yogurt and are an excellent source of calcium per two-pop serving. Varieties include: Yosicle Torpedo! pops, featuring three flavors in one pop -- Purple Berry, Watermelon and Vanilla; Yosicle Layerz! pops in two flavors -- Cotton Candy & Vanilla or Orange & Vanilla and flavored ice on the top of the low-fat pop; Yosicle Duos! Pops, creamy on the inside with flavored ice on the outside have two flavors on each stick and are available in two variety boxes: Watermelon-Vanilla and Cotton Candy-Vanilla or Purple Berry-Vanilla and Cherry-Vanilla.
"We're always searching for exciting new flavors to present to our Popsicle fans," says Brian Critz, senior brand manager for Popsicle. "We know families enjoy the tastes of yogurt and Popsicle, so we combined the two flavors to create a unique Popsicle experience that they can share together."
In addition to the new Yosicle line, the Popsicle brand partners with Kraft Foods's classic candy brand Sour Patch Kids. Popsicle Sour Patch Kids ice pops are designed to replicate the unique sour then sweet taste combination for which Sour Patch Kids candy is known. Each ice pop has a sour ice shell and a sweet ice center, and is available in three flavors -- Lime, Raspberry and Orange.
Suggested retail price is $3.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »