Atlantic Natural Foods Rolls Out Five Vegetarian Proteins
Forget about Meatless Mondays, now you can go meatless five days a week and still enjoy tacos, tuna, chili and more. That's the message from Atlantic Natural Foods, Nashville, N.C., which is rolling out five vegetarian proteins under the Meatless Select brand. They are: Five Bean Chili, Meatless Taco Filling, Fishless Tuna, Chick-less Chicken Patty and Meatless Hot Dog. All are free of artificial flavorings and colorings as well as preservatives, and are made with high-quality renewable plant proteins derived from soy and wheat. Building on the sustainability attribute, the products also offer the convenience, reliability and recyclability of cans.
"We believe the market for low-cost, renewable protein will explode in the next few years," says Steve Morris, vice president of sales and marketing. "Our products provide a real alternative to meat-based protein and are not just for the vegetarian market. In side-by-side taste tests, meat lovers could not distinguish between our product and the meat-based alternative."
The 5-oz. canned tuna and taco products are designed for the dollar store channel. The taco also comes in a 20-oz. can, as do the chili and hot dog products. They have a suggested retail price of $2.89 to $2.99. The patty product is sold in 13-oz. cans for about $2.49. All five varieties are available to club stores and foodservice in 6.5-lb. cans. These items sell for $1.50 to $1.79 per pound, depending on product.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »