Lindt Raises the Bar for Chocolate With Limited Edition Chocolate Bar
Premium chocolatier Lindt USA, Stratham, N.H., introduces Lindt Mocha Coconut, a limited-edition dark chocolate bar featuring a unique coffee flavor with toasted coconut pieces. It was selected as the winner of The Lindt Excellence Recipe Challenge: Raising the Bar in Chocolate Creation, a student scholarship contest launched in 2012 in partnership with The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) that challenges CIA students to develop a dark chocolate bar recipe.
Ten student finalists were selected and Meredith Walter, a CIA Baking and Pastry Arts student from East Northport, N.Y., was the grand prize winner. She developed the concept for the recipe after pairing mocha and coconut to create a special birthday cake for her mother and her uncle. As the grand prize winner, her recipe was adapted and produced by Lindt. She also received a $5,000 scholarship.
The new bar has a suggested retail price of $3.85 and is available exclusively at Lindt.com and select Lindt Chocolate Shops, while supplies last. In addition, Lindt is furthering its commitment to culinary education by donating $1 to CIA for every Lindt Mocha Coconut bar purchased.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »