Lunchables Snackers Debuts Ready-To-Eat Chicken Nuggets
Kraft Foods Group Inc., Northfield, Ill., continues to evolve the Lunchables brand. Its most recent concept focuses on kids' favorite protein: the chicken nugget. Lunchables, as the name suggests, debuted in 1988 as a single-serve, multi-component lunch-time meal kit for children. No prep was required, making it a simple solution for filling the school lunchbox. But this most recent entry is a family-sized snack bag of fully cooked, no-need-to-heat chicken nuggets.
New Lunchables Snackers are part of the brand's growing "Lunchables without a drink" line. The 255g bags of ready-to-eat chicken nuggets come in Original and Honey BBQ varieties. Front package panels tout the fact that these chicken nuggets contain only white meat and that a serving is an excellent source of protein. The product is sold alongside other Lunchables products and is positioned as a convenient family-sized snack, but it serves just as well as a solo-meal for teen boys who never seem to get satiated. Moms of tots should also find the resealable bag makes this a convenient snack to satisfy their little ones' hunger pangs.
The product is rolling out nationally, with initial distribution through Walmart stores. The suggested retail price for a 9.8-oz. bag, which is described as containing three servings, is $3.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »