Mountain Dew Rolls Out Kickstart Morning Beverage
Kickstart by Mountain Dew is an entirely new sparkling juice beverage concept from PepsiCo, Purchase, N.Y. Whether it's catching the first waves at sunrise, managing bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the office or hitting fresh powder on the slopes at first light, this new beverage offers a refreshing and energizing take on one's morning routine.
Available in two bold flavors, Orange Citrus and Fruit Punch, a 16-oz. can contains only 80 calories. It combines the taste of Mountain Dew with 5 percent real fruit juice and just the right amount of caffeine. By offering the best of all worlds, Kickstart presents a fresh alternative to the age-old morning question: "Coffee or juice?"
"Our consumers told us they are looking for an alternative to traditional morning beverages -- one that tastes great, includes real fruit juice and has just the right amount of kick to help them start their days," says Greg Lyons, vice president-marketing for Mountain Dew.
Kickstart by Mountain Dew made its retail debut at the end of February. With the can in hand, fans are encouraged to submit a photo of themselves getting into their morning groove with Kickstart for a chance to be included in a "Chasing Sunrise" anthem video the company plans to create.
The product is sold as a single-serve can with a suggested retail price of $1.79
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »