Mountain Dew Rolls Out Kickstart Morning Beverage
Kickstart by Mountain Dew is an entirely new sparkling juice beverage concept from PepsiCo, Purchase, N.Y. Whether it's catching the first waves at sunrise, managing bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the office or hitting fresh powder on the slopes at first light, this new beverage offers a refreshing and energizing take on one's morning routine.
Available in two bold flavors, Orange Citrus and Fruit Punch, a 16-oz. can contains only 80 calories. It combines the taste of Mountain Dew with 5 percent real fruit juice and just the right amount of caffeine. By offering the best of all worlds, Kickstart presents a fresh alternative to the age-old morning question: "Coffee or juice?"
"Our consumers told us they are looking for an alternative to traditional morning beverages -- one that tastes great, includes real fruit juice and has just the right amount of kick to help them start their days," says Greg Lyons, vice president-marketing for Mountain Dew.
Kickstart by Mountain Dew made its retail debut at the end of February. With the can in hand, fans are encouraged to submit a photo of themselves getting into their morning groove with Kickstart for a chance to be included in a "Chasing Sunrise" anthem video the company plans to create.
The product is sold as a single-serve can with a suggested retail price of $1.79
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »