One Degree Organics Allows Consumers to Trace Ingredients to Source
One Degree Organics, makers of sprouted breads, flours, and seeds, wants consumers to know the life story of each and every ingredient in its products. Using QR code technology, consumers can use their smartphones to scan the product and be taken to a list of the products' ingredients as well as where each ingredient was sourced. Visitors to the company's website can also key in a product code to find the same traceable ingredients
The company recently introduced a line of breads, available at select grocers, which contain this QR-code traceability.
Each of the four bread varieties -- Lentil Grain Bread, Ancient Whole Wheat Bread, Flax and Spelt Bread, Sesame Sunflower Bread – includes sprouted grain as its primary ingredient.
Using organic vegetable matter to cultivate seeds and grains, the farmers that contribute to One Degree Organics products are able to attest to using non-genetically modified ingredients.
Suggested price of the breads is $5.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »