One Degree Organics Allows Consumers to Trace Ingredients to Source
One Degree Organics, makers of sprouted breads, flours, and seeds, wants consumers to know the life story of each and every ingredient in its products. Using QR code technology, consumers can use their smartphones to scan the product and be taken to a list of the products' ingredients as well as where each ingredient was sourced. Visitors to the company's website can also key in a product code to find the same traceable ingredients
The company recently introduced a line of breads, available at select grocers, which contain this QR-code traceability.
Each of the four bread varieties -- Lentil Grain Bread, Ancient Whole Wheat Bread, Flax and Spelt Bread, Sesame Sunflower Bread – includes sprouted grain as its primary ingredient.
Using organic vegetable matter to cultivate seeds and grains, the farmers that contribute to One Degree Organics products are able to attest to using non-genetically modified ingredients.
Suggested price of the breads is $5.49.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »