Red Bull Rolls Out Flavor Extensions
Energy drinks continue to steal market share from other beverage categories sold within the convenience store channel, with innovation driving category growth. In fact, Chicago-based market research firm Mintel projects the category to grow 86 percent during the next five years, turning it into an $11.9 billion category in the U.S.
Red Bull, the Austrian brand responsible for the energy drink phenomenon, continues to lead the category globally and is a primary investor in its growth. To show this commitment to the business, the company is rolling out its first-ever flavor extensions. Red Bull Editions flavors come in red, silver and blue cans, and provide the same energy and functional benefits of the original, but with the taste of sweet cranberry, fresh lime and fruity blueberry, respectively.
Launching nationally in March, the 7-Eleven chain negotiated an early distribution deal with Red Bull, and began selling the new fruity flavors in November. "Red Bull is one of 7-Eleven's top-sellers and we are the largest U.S. retailer of Red Bull," says Jesus Delgado-Jenkins, 7-Eleven executive vice president of merchandising, marketing and logistics. "As our guests look to refresh and refuel morning, noon and night, enthusiastic Red Bull fans can get their first taste of these new flavors only at our stores."
7-Eleven is pricing Red Bull Editions in line with Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree and Red Bull Total Zero, which is $1.99 to $2.25 per 8.4-oz. can.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »