Sundried-Tomato Ketchup Adds a Layer of Flavor
Traina Foods, Patterson, Calif., a leading seller of premium sun-dried fruits for nearly a century, introduced California Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco at the end of January.
Sun-dried tomatoes add a unique flavor dimension to this household staple. Traina's process begins on the family-owned and operated farm, where extra care is taken to cultivate ripe, California sun-dried Roma tomatoes that go into every bottle of the ketchup. The slow, sun drying process removes water from the tomatoes and locks in their nutrients and flavor. This better bottle of savory, rich ketchup contains higher concentrations of healthy lycopene, is loaded with vitamins A, B and C, has less sugar and salt than other varieties, and is gluten free.
"Our California Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup truly celebrates the tomato," says Willie Traina, CEO. "Using the sun-dry process, we are able to pack four pounds of fresh tomatoes into each flavor-full bottle of our ketchup. Tomato fans as well as those crazy for the condiment--and even some skeptics--will agree that our ketchup is a delicious complement to many of your favorite foods."
The suggested retail price for a 16-oz. bottle is $4.99.
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »