Vidalia Brands and Inventure Foods Partner for Sweet Onion Petals
Specialty food manufacturer Inventure Foods Inc., Phoenix, has entered into a licensing agreement with Vidalia Brands Inc., Glennville, Ga., owners of the Vidalia brand. The agreement allows for the development of a new line of prepackaged snacks for vending, grocery and convenience store distribution, with the first product being Vidalia Sweet Onion Petals. This baked snack is made with real Vidalia sweet onion puree and is extruded in the form of an onion stick. It features zero trans fats and 130 calories per serving.
This license agreement expands Inventure Foods' portfolio of nationally recognized brands that currently includes Jamba, T.G.I. Friday's and Nathan's Famous. "We have a successful track record of taking consumer brands into the prepackaged, ready-to-eat space," says Steve Sklar, senior vice president of marketing for Inventure Foods. "With Vidalia Brands, we are combining powerful brand recognition with the latest in snack trends to introduce a product line that will certainly taste great, but will also feel immediately familiar to consumers."
Vidalia Sweet Onion Petals come in 2.25-oz. and 3.5-oz. bags with a suggested retail price of $1.99 and $2.49, respectively.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »