Vidalia Brands and Inventure Foods Partner for Sweet Onion Petals
Specialty food manufacturer Inventure Foods Inc., Phoenix, has entered into a licensing agreement with Vidalia Brands Inc., Glennville, Ga., owners of the Vidalia brand. The agreement allows for the development of a new line of prepackaged snacks for vending, grocery and convenience store distribution, with the first product being Vidalia Sweet Onion Petals. This baked snack is made with real Vidalia sweet onion puree and is extruded in the form of an onion stick. It features zero trans fats and 130 calories per serving.
This license agreement expands Inventure Foods' portfolio of nationally recognized brands that currently includes Jamba, T.G.I. Friday's and Nathan's Famous. "We have a successful track record of taking consumer brands into the prepackaged, ready-to-eat space," says Steve Sklar, senior vice president of marketing for Inventure Foods. "With Vidalia Brands, we are combining powerful brand recognition with the latest in snack trends to introduce a product line that will certainly taste great, but will also feel immediately familiar to consumers."
Vidalia Sweet Onion Petals come in 2.25-oz. and 3.5-oz. bags with a suggested retail price of $1.99 and $2.49, respectively.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »