The Research Chefs Assn. (RCA) is sponsoring a "Meat Science 101" course at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, on June 9 and 10. Back by popular demand, this introductory course is in-depth and hands-on. The program will cover a variety of topics, including:
- actual harvest and processing of animals;
- adding value to quality raw materials;
- hands-on processing techniques and flavors;
- identifying your products' key attributes;
- antimicrobials and intervention methods in processed meats;
- marketing overview - demographics and trends;
- culinary overview - foods and cuisines.