With Thanksgiving approaching, market research firm Acosta Group has shared some insights from its Shopper Community. Key findings include:
- Prices remain a big concern, with 40% of shoppers seeking deals, using coupons and comparison shopping.
- A majority of hosts plan to prepare the entire Thanksgiving meal themselves, with half of shoppers anticipating $100+ spend (7 in 10 households with children will spend more than $100).
- 40% of people attending Thanksgiving as a guest will bring a side dish or dessert, typically spending between $25-50 on their contribution.
- 43% of Millennials and Gen Z will attend a Friendsgiving.
- Despite the fact that most Thanksgiving meals are homemade, 45% of all shoppers would consider just buying the whole thing.
Favorite side dishes (regionally):
- 70% in the Midwest will have pumpkin pie.
- 63% in the Northeast will enjoy sweet potatoes.
- 44% in the South will have mac and cheese.
- 26% in the West will include brussels sprouts.