Food Processing's Green Plant of the Year poll is now open. Four companies' plants are nominated on our web-based poll: Nature's Path, BrucePac, Agri-Mark/Cabot Creamery and J.R. Simplot. Each provided a persuasive essay to win your vote. Please take a minute and vote for one by following this link. (you'll be taken to a Survey page).
The plant with the most votes wins. The winner be profiled in our September issue and on our website.
Some criteria you might want to consider in voting:
- Is it energy-efficient?
- Does it use innovative or alternative sources of energy?
- Is it minimally polluting?
- Does it minimize water use?
- Were green building materials used and was construction waste minimized?
- Is the design innovative?
- Is it economically sustainable?