Minneapolis-based dairy company Kemps Ice Cream is joining forces with Pillsbury to launch the first-ever Pillsbury-branded line of premium ice cream flavors during the week of Jan. 17 in supermarkets across the United States.
Consumers who love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream have special cause to celebrate. "The consumer reaction to taste tests of our new Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream was absolutely incredible," notes Tom Piper, Kemps' senior brand manager for Pillsbury Ice Cream. "All seven flavors of Pillsbury Ice Cream Classics are fantastic . . . but we've really taken Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream to the next level with the help of the world's expert on dough -- the Pillsbury Doughboy."
In addition to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough -- made with chunks of real chocolate chip cookie dough and rich chocolate chunks in vanilla flavored ice cream -- the seven flavors of Pillsbury Ice Cream from Kemps include:
- Turtle Fudge Brownie Ice Cream, chewy brownies, thick caramel ribbons and chunky pecans swirled in chocolate ice cream.
- Peanut Butter Fudge Chunk Ice Cream, peanut butter and chocolate hearts and fudge ribbons swirled in vanilla -flavored ice cream.
- Lovin' Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, caramel-filled milk chocolate hearts and caramel ribbons swirled in caramel ice cream.
- Brownies 'N Cream Ice Cream, rich brownies and fudge ribbons swirled in vanilla flavored ice cream.
- Cake & Ice Cream, a new flavor inspired by the delicious memories of warm family birthday celebrations.
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, rich and creamy vanilla, the perfect complement to apple pie, fruit cobblers or other desserts.
Suggested retail price for a 56-ounce container of Pillsbury Ice Cream is $4.99. The Pillsbury Ice Cream packages feature the famed Pillsbury Doughboy -- marking the first time in Pillsbury's 135-year history that the brand has been associated with ice cream.
Pillsbury Ice Cream is manufactured by Kemps, the leading marketer of frozen desserts, milk and other dairy products in the Upper Midwest. Consumers seeking more information on the new Pillsbury Ice Cream may call Kemps at 800-726-6455 or visit www.kemps.com. On the website, Kemps provides recipes for elaborate dessert creations based on the Pillsbury Ice Cream product line