Wild Blueberry Association of North America
What's a Wild Blueberry and Why’s it Hot?
Today’s health conscious consumers are ravenous for foods that are closer to nature and teeming with flavor and Wild Blueberries satisfy that hunger. They are a special kind of blueberry that has thrived in the thin glacial soils and harsh northern climate of Maine, Eastern Canada and Quebec for over 10,000 years. Unlike ordinary blueberries that are planted and grown all over the world, these smaller lowbush Wild Blueberries grow where mother nature put them and enjoy a wild taste and an antioxidant advantage that cultivated blueberries simply can’t match.
What advantages can you expect from a Wild Blueberry?
- Wild Blueberries have a more intense, sweet and tangy flavor than cultivated blueberries.
- Wild Blueberries contain more of the powerful antioxidant anthocyanin and demonstrate greater antioxidant capacity per serving than cultivated blueberries.
- Wild Blueberries are naturally smaller and more compact (less water content) than cultivated, which means you get more Wild Blueberries per cup and more cups per pound.
- Wild Blueberries hold their shape, texture and color through a variety of baking and manufacturing processes for better finished products.
- Wild Blueberries are one of the few truly wild ingredients that is readily available year round and in a variety of formats to meet the needs of product developers everywhere.
- Power of Wild consumer research across multiple product categories demonstrates that using and calling out Wild Blueberries on a package positively impacts consumer purchase behavior and perceptions of taste, health and sustainability. (See our white paper below for details)
We've provided several resources below for you to learn more about Wild Blueberries.
How do consumers react to words like 'natural' and 'wild' as it relates to their blueberries? The experts at Wild Blueberry Association of North America back those claims with studies shown here in this article.
We’ve partnered with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America to talk about how Wild Blueberries can help product developers with their formulations.
From brain-boosting to disease-fighting, the experts at Wild Blueberry Association of North America explain how the benefits of these little fruitful treasures endure long after other food fads fade.
The experts at the Wild Blueberry Association of North America explain how these fruits help add value to a brand’s perceived commitment to sustainability.
White Papers: In Depth Research
Posted: Jun 19, 2018
What factors are associated with the correlation between the use of Wild Blueberries vs. regular cultivated blueberries? Learn more in this report.