St. Cloud, Minn.-based Goldn Plump Poultry announced Jan. 4 that it will update and expand its production complex and current operations in Arcadia, Wis. The $38 million expansion is scheduled to begin early in 2006 with completion expected in 2008. The project includes:
- Increasing production capacity by 31% at the current complex;
- Updating processes to improve efficiencies;
- Adding 50 full-time employees;
- Building a larger, state of the art hatchery in the area ;
- Adding 36 breeder and grower barns in southwestern Wisconsin;
- Increasing annual corn and soybean meal purchases.