NewAge Industries announces its plastic barbed fittings in nylon, polyethylene, PVDF, and polypropylene for multi-use and single-use/disposable applications. Called Thermobarb, the fittings are used in industries such as OEM, chemical, food and beverage, appliance, MRO, packaging, laboratory, and many others.
- Thermobarb fittings offer:
A lightweight, compact design
- Multiple barbs for secure connections
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Durability and high impact strength
- Styles including adapters, straight connectors, Y’s, tees, 4-way connectors, elbows, reducers, hose nipples, and more
Each plastic material also provides specific features. Nylon resists physical stress and abrasion; polyethylene performs better at low temperatures than other plastics; PVDF handles higher temperatures and pressures well; polypropylene is solvent and chemical resistant. The single-use Thermobarb is manufactured from FDA-approved polypropylene and meets USP Class VI and RoHS standards, is sterilizable by autoclave or gamma radiation, and is free of animal-derived ingredients.