The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) encourages restaurant and foodservice professionals to participate in the 11th annual National Food Safety Education Month this September.This years theme Keep Hands Clean with Good Hygiene focuses on proper handwashing procedures and how to emphasize their importance within the workplace. To help restaurant and foodservice establishments reinforce these safe handwashing practices, the NRAEF is including a coupon for a free Hygiene Essentials kit to anyone who purchases the ServSafe Essentials textbook (English with Exam Answer Sheet) now through October 2005 (while supplies last).With support from Ecolab and FoodHandler Inc., the NRAEF developed a hygiene kit to provide operators with the tools to help them teach proper handwashing techniques to all employees. The Hygiene Essentials kit includes:
- Hand sanitizer (sponsored by Ecolab)
- Disposable gloves (sponsored by FoodHandler Inc.)
- Laminated English/Spanish handwashing sign
- ServSafe logo bandanna
- Training pages from the ServSafe Employee Guide on hand-washing and using gloves properly
- Hygiene Essentials Kit implementation sheet.