With the diet pendulum swinging between low-carb/high-fat and low-fat/high-carb in the past few years, consumers are taking a more balanced approach to diet and nutrition. Add to that an aging population, rising healthcare costs, and an ever-growing number of studies linking the importance of diet to health and disease prevention, and the stage is set for 7-Eleven, Inc. to launch Formula 7, its own proprietary line of functional foods and beverages. Functional foods are defined by the International Food Information Council as any food or food component that may have health benefits beyond basic nutrition. The initial 7-Eleven product lineup includes bottled and canned beverages, as well as two nutritional bars, each designed specifically to enhance energy, fitness or endurance.Fortified with vitamins, minerals, herbs, antioxidants, amino acids and other natural ingredients, the first wave of Formula 7 products available exclusively at participating 7-Eleven stores nationwide includes:For Energy
- Formula 7 Energy Drink in 16-ounce can; available in two flavors Cherry Lime Lightning and Super Citrus Charge; functional ingredients B vitamin complex, gingko biloba, inositol, taurine and caffeine;
- Formula 7 Chocolate Crunch Energy Bar; functional ingredients B vitamin complex, bee pollen, green tea polyphenols and kola nut extract
- Formula 7 Energy Beverage in 20-ounce bottles; available in two flavors Blood Orange and Raspberry Mint; functional ingredients Vitamins B and E complex, gingko biloba, green tea polyphenols, Siberian ginseng.
- Formula 7 Chocolate Mocha Caramel Endurance Bar; functional ingredients essential B vitamins, whey and soy proteins, green tea polyphenols;
- Formula 7 Fitness Beverage in 20-ounce bottles; available in two flavors Apple Rose and Natural Peach; functional ingredients B vitamin complex, green tea polyphenols, HCA and chromium.