Hf. Eimskipafelag Islands Completes the sale of interest in Eimskip Tango ehf, Parent of Versacold International Corp.

July 21, 2009

VersaCold International Corporation, an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Hf. Eimskipafélag Íslands announced that Eimskip has successfully completed a sale of a 49% interest in Eimskip Tango ehf, the direct parent of Versacold to The Yucaipa Companies. Yucaipa also acquired an option for the remaining 51% interest in Tango.

The acquisition of VersaCold fits within Yucaipa's long term strategy to build a worldwide network of temperature controlled transportation and warehousing services.

Yucaipa is the owner of Americold RealtyTrust, the largest public refrigerated warehouse operator in the United States. The VersaCold facilities are complimentary to Americold’s facilities, although VersaCold and Americold will operate independently, each with separate and distinct boards.

Sponsored Recommendations

F&B Manufacturer Implements Powerful Cybersecurity

A leading F&B manufacturer has moved to harness the skills of Rockwell Automation and Claroty to harden their OT and IT defences.

6 Ways to Augment Your Food and Beverage Workforce

Modern digital tools and technologies help attract, retain and empower a modern workforce.

2024 Manufacturing Trends - Unpacking AI, Workforce, and Cybersecurity

The world of manufacturing is changing, and Generative AI is one of the many change agents. The 2024 State of Smart Manufacturing Report takes a deep dive into how Generative ...

Better OT Asset Management Increases Uptime

A food and beverage company streamlines and simplifies its OT cybersecurity to increase system reliability and uptime.