Leclerc Foods Promises Plant, U.S. Headquarters in Tennessee

Dec. 14, 2016
Second Kingsport, Tenn., production facility with offices means an investment of $49 million.

Canada-based Leclerc Foods will add a second Kingsport, Tenn., production facility and establish its U.S. headquarters there with an investment of $49 million, according to the Kingsport (Tenn.) Times-News.

The new facility will create 105 new jobs and should be operational in mid-2017. The building will include a new manufacturing line for gluten-free granola bars plus warehousing and distribution space as well as the U.S. headquarters offices.

The building formerly housed C&F Manufacturing, a maker of tooling, near Tri-Cities Airport. The Kingsport Economic Development Board (KEDB) procured the building and sold it to Leclerc for $2.5 million, plus a seven-year payment-in-lieu-of-taxes agreement whereby 80 percent of the taxes on the property will be paid to KEDB with remaining 20 percent being a savings to the company.

Leclerc Foods, based in Quebec, has more than 650 employees in six facilities. It already employs 100 in the existing Kingsport plant, which produces crackers and cookies, and will continue to operate that facility, which opened in 2008 and has undergone two expansions.

Sponsored Recommendations

Troubleshoot: Grittiness in gluten free cookies

Learn how to adjust gluten free cookie recipes for a softer texture.

Clabber Girl: Rising Success

Uncover how Clabber Girl Corporation achieved a remarkable 7% growth and improved manufacturing efficiency by seamlessly integrating Vicinity's batch manufacturing solution with...

Intelligent Blends: Taking Technology to the Next Level

Find out how our friends at Intelligent Blends use VicinityFood and Microsoft Dynamics GP to produce the best coffee around.

Key ingredient: Mother Murphy's Laboratories

Flavorings manufacturer Mother Murphy’s Laboratories integrates front office with production facility — improving operations from initial order to final invoice.